cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 - "Collecting printer data"

lmb2014
Contributor

I had to replace my router/modem with a new one from Century-link.  Now I can't print.  I've used the "WPS" setup a dozen times with no improvement.  I've set the specific IP address with no results.  I've tried some of the other suggestions from other printers with the same problem.  Any ideas?

I've removed the device on my laptop and re-installed the printer many times, no results.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes I did all of that and more times than I can count....FINALLY i found a video from Canon on youtube that showed me how to install the canon mx922 from scratch....so I remove the printer...went to the web page....downloaded the exe and followed the prompt....

IT WORKED!!!!

I also upgraded the firmware for the printer before I reloaded the printer.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The drivers may have to be uninstalled and then reinstalled on the PC.  Please tell us what version of Windows or Mac OSX is on the computer so we can try to assist you with this.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Windows 10 Home edition

Version 1809

Installed 3/2019

OS Build 17763.1039

Toshiba Satellite C75D-a

AMD A6-5200 APU

Like I said, I have already removed the printer and added it back in....is there something I missed?

I've replaced the driver twice (override).  Loaded it by IP address and it still says "Collecting printer data", then it says "printer not responding".  It's on, and says ready.  no error messages.  I've unplugged the printer and waited 30 minutes before plugging it back in.  Same messages.

Hi lmb2014,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Turn your PIXMA MX922 on.

2.  Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.

3.  Use the arrow buttons to select WLAN Setup and press OK.

4.  Press the STOP button (to select Other setup options).

5.  Select Standard setup and press OK.

6.  Select your wireless network name from the list that appears and press OK.

7.  Press OK to access the on screen keyboard and enter in your wireless network password.  Please note that this password is case sensitive and if it is entered incorrectly, your PIXMA MX922 will not connect to your network.  To switch between upper case letters, lower case letters and special characters, please use the middle function button below the LCD of your PIXMA MX922.

8.  Press the left function button under the word "Done" once the password is entered.

9.  Press the left function button under the word "End Setup".

10.  Press OK once your PIXMA MX922 is connected to your wireless network.

Once connected, please follow these steps:

1.  Please press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922

2.  Use the down arrow to select the wrench and screwdriver icon and press OK

3.  Use the left arrow to select Device Settings and press OK

4.  Use the down arrow to select LAN settings and press OK

5.  Use the down arrow to select Confirm LAN settings and press OK

6.  Select WLAN setting list and press OK

Please take note of the SSID.  Is the name listed there the exact name that your computer is connected to?

Also please write down the IPv4 ADDRESS. 

Next, please go to your computer and follow these steps:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter "R", then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type CMD and click OK.

3.  In the Command Prompt window, please type:

PING xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

(where the x's represetnt the IPv4 address that you wrote down before.  Example: 192.168.0.5)

and then press the Enter key on your keyboard.

Did you get:

- Timed out
 - Destination host unreachable
 - Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes I did all of that and more times than I can count....FINALLY i found a video from Canon on youtube that showed me how to install the canon mx922 from scratch....so I remove the printer...went to the web page....downloaded the exe and followed the prompt....

IT WORKED!!!!

I also upgraded the firmware for the printer before I reloaded the printer.

Thank you so much for this information.  I have been trying to fix my printer for weeks! This absolutely fixed it!!! 

Announcements