cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 on Large Wifi Network

gfuller
Apprentice

I'm moving into a University with my Canon MX922 and was setting it up when I ran into a snag. I usually print over the network, but I could not find our school's SSID in the "detected SSID's" list in the printer menu. The guest account shows up, but my laptop connects to the standard SSID that requires a user ID to login.

Is there a way that I can print off the network, or configure it to connect to my student WiFi? The issue is that the nearest ethernet port (which may not fix the issue) is across the room from the printer, and I'd like to be able to print as long as my laptop can connect to the school WiFi network.

2 REPLIES 2

tylercaine89
Contributor

you can always use a USB cable to connect directly to laptop. Or you can use a Cross over cable or standard network cable if your computer is newer O.S.

Starkgene
Apprentice

(link removed as per Forum Guidelines) 

Hi,

I had this issue last month (I needed to print handouts for my university project), so I tried to wipe all the drivers, but it didn't help. I set the router Wifi channel to 7 and it worked. I don't know why. Perhaps it helps someone.

Connect Your Printer Using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) - PIXMA MX922:
https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART139014

Announcements