Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: MX922 goes to sleep and loses WiFi connection

That makes some sense. A few days ago I bought an HP Laserjet and configured it for wireless. Same EXACT problem. I began to suspect my Mac. But maybe it’s never been the printer; it's the routers. Thanks Seratonin.
New Contributor

I'm not really sure your time was well spent with this message.  You might have better results, for yourself as well as for the rest of us, if you spoke with someone directly and demonstrate the respect for them that you would like for yourself.  Not everyone has the same level of expertise.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Linda - I may have replied twice to this, but the message is the same.  I do not understand your comment about my post - can you explain further?  Thanks. 

New Contributor

It's possible I replied to the wrong person.  Sorry!

New Contributor

Thanks harrybuckman. Your fix cured a nagging problem I had with my MB2320 that would keep losing my wireless connection.

New Contributor

I've been following this thread briefly, having had this very problem on a friend's MX922, again and again.

When I leave, their printer is online and working, the next hour or day it is not.

I defined the static IP long ago, believing this would finally do it, but it had no lasting effect.

I have to agree with the analysis and conclusions of bruceadler throughtout this thread.

I defined a static IP for my wife's MX882, at about he same time I did that same chore for my friend's MX922.

The MX882 had occasional offline issues, but none since the static IP was  defined for that printer.

The MX922 seems unfixable, though I will try to find the "LAN drx" settings when I have my next chance.

Thanks to all who contributed to the discussion.

CM King 

Frequent Contributor

Did you set the ip address about the dynamic address range? I have never had a problem after doing this and it has been years.