cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Won't Connect to WiFi

ladyaoi2001
Contributor

Printer was working fine until suddenly it can't connect to WiFi.  Jumped through all the hoops ( Manual setup, standard Setup, holding button on WPA) but still no luck connecting to access point. It sees my network, but I enter password and it times out. We've had the same password for years, and I've confirmed that isn't the problem. Why isn't it connecting? This printer is less than one month old 😞

9 REPLIES 9

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ladyaoi2001,

Who is the manufacuter of your router and what model number is your router?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It's an XFinity XB3 Router

Hi ladyaoi2001,

Please try the steps below to disable the ipv6 setting on the printer. Once that is done, perform the standard setup on the printer in which you select your network name and enter the password.

1. On the printer, press Menu.
  2. Select  Setup, then press OK.
  3. Select  Device settings, then press OK.
  4. Use the up / down arrow buttonsUPDOWN to scroll to LAN settings, then press OK.
  5. Scroll to Other settings, then press OK.
  6. Scroll to TCP/IP settings, then press OK.
  7. Scroll to IPv6, then press OK.
  8. Scroll to select Yes at confirmation screen [LAN communication may be disabled depending on your environment. Set this setting?] then press OK.
  9. Scroll to Enable/disable IPv6, then press OK.
  10. Scroll to Disable, then press OK.
  11. This returns you to IPv6 settings menu. Press MENU to exit to the main menu.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ladyaoi2001
Contributor

Still no luck. Any more ideas?

spirestocks
Enthusiast
Go to the thread MX 922 goes to sleep and loses WiFi connection and go to tenth page or Mar 10th post about assigning the printer a static IP address above the dynamic range of router. Once I did this, I have never had a problem since. Some will say you shouldnt have to do that for which I say, it solved the problem indefinitely

I'm not seeing the March 10 post that discusses the static IP? If you see it, could you please copy/paste?

Thank you!

I'm out of options.

spirestocks
Enthusiast
Mar 10

Did you set your static IP address above the dynamic addresses, so that your printer address would never be assigned to another device if you turn your printer off or it goes to sleep.  When I set my static ip address above the dynamic addresses, in fact, I set it to the second to last address in the range, I have NEVER had a problem since, for years now.  I hope this helps

That's a little bit over my head. I'm not sure what the static IP address is, let alone how to enter it on the printer.

spirestocks
Enthusiast
For the Xfinity router, the address to enter in your browser is 10.0.0.1 and if you get the login screen the user name will be: admin and the password will either be the word password all in lower case or there will be no password, i.e. just leave blank. If you can access your router by typing in 10.0.0.1 in the browser address line then let me know. Is there anyone that can assist you if I send some links?
Announcements