cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Not Connected to LAN

Bobbi39
Apprentice

My MX922  gives error "not connected to LAN".

I have a wired connection from the printer to USB port on the desktop computer.  I have reinstalled the drivers, I have unplugged the power cord & reattached, I have tried different USB ports on the computer. I have ensured everything is plugged in tightly.  

If I go through the printer's own menu to do 'update firmware', I get the 'not connected to LAN' message.

This makes me believe the issue is this connection, not anything with Windows 10, which of course says it can't find the printer. 

I did go back through the printer menu to ensure it's a wired and not wireless connection. i.e. the wifi light is not lit.

It worked last week. but we had some ink problems and I may have done something bad Smiley Sad  while fixing the ink problems (which are fixed.)

Any ideas hive mind?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Bobbi39
Apprentice

Some additional information:  There's no router, so I can't connect the printer directly.  The modem has no USB ports, only ethernet.  [The LAN cable is barrel to USB.]

Hi, Bobbi39!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Bobbi39
Apprentice

Well, the plot sickens, er, thickens.

I borrowed/bought some cables and adaptors. I connected the printer directly to the modem. Still got the 'not connected to LAN' error when trying to update the firmware.

BUT  the printer then printed 2 test pages that I sent 2 weeks ago!

I then reconnected everything back the way it was -- and it's now working!   I would like to take credit for it, but in reality, I did nothing!

So the problem is mysteriously solved by magic or prayer or the phase of the moon, for all I can figure out.

Announcements