cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 No wireless scanning

ronbo56
Apprentice

New MX922 prints over my wireless network w/o issue but does not scan over the network. The screen on the printer lets me select my Mac but I still get an error message from scan utility: 2.156.0. Printer off or USB cable not connected. Scanning to flash drive works fine but lack of wireless scanning is a major hassle.

I have a MacBook Air which means no CD-ROM drive. I downloaded and installed all drivers including scanner drivers. Also re-installed scanner drivers several times. Still no joy.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

Crista
Whiz

Hi ronbo56!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

MacBook Air running 10.10.2

lwalters
Apprentice
Just purchased this printer and had similar result. Turned out to be my antivirus software. Had to get it to accept the printer. All is fine now.

Ramona
Authority

Hi ronbo56,

If you temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software that is on your computer and then attempt to scan, are you able to scan successfully to your computer?  Also, if you initiate the scan from your computer instead of the printer, are you able to scan successfully?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

purpleicon24
Apprentice
I had this same problem with MX922 and Mac Os 10.10.4. The solution for me was: From the Go menu of Finder, select Applications, then double-click the Canon Utilities folder, IJ Scan Utility folder, then Canon IJ Scan Utility icon to start IJ Scan Utility. Make sure that the MX920 Series Network is selected

merrymary247
Rising Star
Have you tried scanning via ImageCapture? It would be listed on the left under shared if it's wireless.

mx920 win10 does not scan wirelessly.

Announcements