cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Disconnects from the WIFI

parthp
Apprentice

My PIXMA 922 printer wirelessly prints! Everything is okay with it except one thing. Everytime I want to wirelssly pring (from a mac/phone/computer) it says no printer found. So I go over to my printer and I see the WIFI light is on and everything looks okay. I go to my router and the WIFI is also on! The only way I resolve this issue is if I go to my printer and go to WLAN settings and I reconnect to my WIFI. This has been an issue for over two years. I recently tried updating my printer but that did not do anything.

Is there a way it stays permanently connected to my WIFI?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is a common behavior and one that is easy to fix.  Assign the printer a static IP address.  You can do this on the printer itself or the router, but doing so will allow the device to get the same IP, regardless of how often it is used, turned off, goes to sleep or not used (prolonged period of time). etc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements