cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Connected but can not be discovered.

japayton42
Apprentice

I have 2 MX922s on my network. I can discover one of them from every computer with no trouble. The other one can not be discovered ether through windows or the canon software. All the computers can ping the printer and I can access the web interface. But it will not discover any more. 

I have tried resetting the printer to default and reconnecting. It connectes with no trouble but still can not be discovered. I also have multiple APs with the same SSID near by. I used the option to make sure I was connecting to the closest one by MAC address. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi ibud00,

Resetting your network may resolve the issue being experienced. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord, then turn off your computer.

2. Unplug your wireless router for at least 60 seconds, then plug it back in.

3. Wait 5 minutes, then plug the printer back in, and turn it and the computer back on.

Please attempt to print again. If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Ramona
Authority

Hi japayton42,

Detailed troubleshooting will need to be performed for the issue being experienced; we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Thank you for the explanation of the "No Red Solution-Button". I had no intention of breaching protocal. 

this solution does not work for me.....I have the same issue still.     on the printer - I can see its connected to the same wifi network that all my computers/laptops/cell phones are connected to.    However, it is not discoverable on any device.    I have rebooted, unplugged everything, restored network -  over and over again -  it does not work........the only way I can print now is via a USB connection from a computer.......wireless is totally not working.....Please advise. 

Ramona
Authority

Hi japayton42,

Detailed troubleshooting will need to be performed for the issue being experienced; we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Announcements