Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

MX922 - CAN'T CHANGE THE WIRELESS LAN SETTING

[ Edited ]

I am having major issues with my Canon Pixma MX922.  Over the past few months things have been going sideways.  First I tried connecting a new laptop via WiFi to the 922.  The printer was not discoverable.  I downloaded the drivers but it was still not discoverable.  I connected via USB which did allow me to print and left some sort of driver on my laptop.  When I went back on Wifi, selected the Canon printer to print, nothing happened.  

I scrapped that laptop and got a new printer for that laptop that works like a champ now.  

My wife's laptop that had been working well with the Canon 922 for ever just started having issues.  I receive the error message. "Another computer is using the printer. The following status is the usage of that computer. - Creating print data."

Ink levels are full, wifi connected on both printer and laptop.  

I followed the troubleshooting steps found on this site to try and change IpV6 settings among other things.  When in the menu on the printer I get another error on the printer.  "Cannot change the setting. If the device is in use via the LAN, finish it and then change the setting."

I have tried to update the firmware on the printer but when I press the button to update, nothing happens.  

I am about to go Office Space on this POS.  Please someone help me before I create a big pile of e-waste.

Thanks,

Honored Contributor

Re: CAN'T CHANGE THE WIRELESS LAN SETTING

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
Product Expert

Re: CAN'T CHANGE THE WIRELESS LAN SETTING

Hi itossem,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.