cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX860

wbtravis5152
Apprentice

I have had no problem with the printer until I changed routers.

Using Win 7

Currently, I have removed the printer, d/l the latest installation software. I go to easy install get to the plugging in the USB and turning on the printer, when it asks for ethernet cable. I will not complete wireless installation only cabled WLAN.

I have reset the printer. It still goes back to asking for an ethernet cable.

I had similar problems the last time I replaced a router.

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If a change has been made to the network the printer will hav to be reinstalled in order to update the new network settings to the printer. 

The printer will also have to be temporarily connected via USB during one point of the setup as well.  If you do not have the cable that was included with the printer you can use any standard A to B USB cable to make this connection.

If you need assistance with the setup, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did not go deep enough into the weeds. 

I reset the printer back to factory setting and all was good.

I have two other computers to connect to the network. I used the utilities and to connect it and the dialog box said it needed a driver. Did it lose the driver when I deleted the printer?

Thanks for the quick response.

Hi wbtravis5152,

It would appear as though that may have happened.  Please download and install the driver for your other 2 computers.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements