cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX722 has IP Address, PC's Unable to Connect Wirelessly

empeyg
Apprentice

Hi,

I have a new MX722.  The printer was working wirelessly for 3 weeks.  Now I am unable to connect to it wirelessly.  Here is a listing of everything that I have done:

1) Restarted printer and PC (Win 8.1), Wireless Laptop (Vista), and Mobile Phones (Android 4.3) several times

2) Confirmed printer is getting an IP address and is showing up as online in router admin.  (Linksys Smart Wi-Fi).  Security is WPA2.

2.5) Confirmed printer is able to connect to Web by connecting to Cloud and Web based functionality.

3) Confirmed printer is able to print via USB/LAN connection.

4) Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers on Win 8 machine only

5) Ran Canon IJ Network Utility several times on both PC & Laptop.  Comes back with:

Printer name, Status Not Found, and Port Name.  

Another line has No Driver, Not Found, and then Port Name.

6) Pixma Print on Android is unable to detect printer.  Status: Offline

7) Attempted pinging printer with no response. (Destination host is unreachable).

😎 Reset Wireless settings on Printer several times.

So in essence, everything is connected wirelessly to the LAN but the devices are unable to connect to the printer.  My LAN connection is not in my office it is another part of the house.

Can anyone help?

TIA

MPG

1 REPLY 1

empeyg
Apprentice
If anyone cares, a simple restart of the router fixed the problem. Weird that even though the printer had an IP address and could access the web, the devices couldn't access the printer. Will wonders never cease.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements