cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX532 to chromebook via wifi

anon125
Enthusiast

our mx522 died. it worked fine with the chromebook.

but our new mx530 532 is not found on chromebook.

it works via wifi from windows laptops..

have the mac address.

cannot find the ip address using the win7.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi anon125,

Windows, Mac and Linux computers require drivers in order for a printer to communicate with that computer.

Chromebooks do not use drivers.  Chromebooks use Google Cloud Print.  You can use your PIXMA MX532 with Google Cloud Print so that you can print from your Chromebook to that printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

anon125
Enthusiast

why does the online download wizard stop on step 2?

thanks

Hi anon125,

To print from your Chromebook, you will need to register the MX532 with Google Cloud Print. Please click HERE for the steps to register the printer. When the page opens, scroll down to "If your printer has a LCD monitor" and follow those steps. The setup button on the printer is the one with the icon of the screwdriver.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

with chromebooks do all printers have to print via the cloud when using wifi?

thanks

Hello.

We do not have drivers for ChromeOS computers.  The only available method for printing on a Chromebook would be to go through the Google Cloud Print service.  If you continue to  have difficulties with the Chromebook, please print from a compatible Windows or Mac OSX computer.

So I bought the wrong brand?

Hi anon125,

Windows, Mac and Linux computers require drivers in order for a printer to communicate with that computer.

Chromebooks do not use drivers.  Chromebooks use Google Cloud Print.  You can use your PIXMA MX532 with Google Cloud Print so that you can print from your Chromebook to that printer.

Google Cloud print has been discontinued.  What is the recommended method for connecting MX532 to chromebooks now?

I'm reading that Chromebook no longer supports the cloud printing. How do I connect my MX532 printer now?  

I talked to cutomer service and they wanted $59.99 to install the drivers so that i could use the mx532 with my chromebook

Announcements