cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX492 keeps going offline and won't airprint

Bobt53
Apprentice

I bought a new Pixma MX492 and a new imac with El Capitan ver 10.11.4. I set up the printer wirelessly and managed to print from the imac and also airprint from ipad.  But the printer keeps going offline, both on the imac and ipad (get message "no airprint printers found") and after I turn the printer off and back on again it will print but then will go offline again. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi Bobt53,

Disabling the IPv6 setting on the printer may resolve the connectivity issues being experienced.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Setup  button on the printer.

2. Press the  button until Device settings appears.  Press OK.

3. Press the  button until LAN settings appears.  Press OK.

4. Press the  button until Other settings appears.  Press OK.

5. Press the  button until TCP/IP settings appears.  Press OK.

6. Press the  button to select IPv6.  Press OK.

7. A message will scroll across the screen.  Press OK.

8. Press OK on Enable/disable IPv6.

9. Press the  button to select Inactive.  Press OK.

Should you continue to experience difficulty after disabling the IPv6 setting, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to further assist you.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Ramona
Authority

Hi Bobt53,

Disabling the IPv6 setting on the printer may resolve the connectivity issues being experienced.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Setup  button on the printer.

2. Press the  button until Device settings appears.  Press OK.

3. Press the  button until LAN settings appears.  Press OK.

4. Press the  button until Other settings appears.  Press OK.

5. Press the  button until TCP/IP settings appears.  Press OK.

6. Press the  button to select IPv6.  Press OK.

7. A message will scroll across the screen.  Press OK.

8. Press OK on Enable/disable IPv6.

9. Press the  button to select Inactive.  Press OK.

Should you continue to experience difficulty after disabling the IPv6 setting, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to further assist you.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I tried these steps and printer is still offline!!

Enable/disable IPv6 does not appear as an option on my Canon MX492

I tried doing this but while the MacBook Air is finding the Printer the Printer is still not respponding.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

Canon does have a chat team that would be happy to assist you with this issue. Please click HERE and in the chat box, ask to speak to a live person. Our chat agents are available Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Thompson3
Apprentice
I have a new Pixma MX492 and IT'S KEEPS GOING OFFLINE. Please HELP?

Hello Thompson3!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or Wi-Fi. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at usa.canon.com/support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

windows 10 and wifi connection

ns
Contributor
Seems to have been a network problem. Switching wireless router off and on with manual connection between computer and printer (manual connection later removed) solved it
Announcements