cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX472 Cannot Connect Wirelessly

JEA1179
Apprentice

I have two Macs.  One is wired to the MX472 via USB, the other I am trying to connect wirelessly.  The blue light on the printer is on indicating the printer has found the router connection.  The computer does not see the printer.  I have checked all router settings, viewed a few You Tube videos and everything I have done, they have done.  Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

Jenine
Rising Star

Hi JEA1179!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating systems (Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

That might help... both Macs are 10.10 Yosemite

Thanks you

Ramona
Authority

Hi JEA1179,

So we can better assist you, please print the LAN details page from the printer and let us know the values that display in the WIRELESS LAN, CONNECTION, and SIGNAL STRENGTH fields.  To do this, please follow these steps from the printer's operation panel:

1. Press the Setup button.  The Setup menu screen is displayed.

2. Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select Device settings, then press the OK button.

3. Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select LAN settings, then press the OK button.

4. Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select Print LAN details, then press the OK button.  The machine starts printing the network setting information.

We look forward to hearing from you.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for getting back to me on this:

Connection - Active

Wireless Lan DRX - Enabled

Signal Strength - 83%

Ramona
Authority

Hi JEA1179,

Disabling the Wireless LAN DRX and IPv6 settings on the unit may allow the printer to be seen by your computer.  To do this, please follow these steps:

Disable Wireless LAN DRX

1. Make sure that the machine is turned on.

2. Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper.

3. Press the Setup button.  The Setup menu screen is displayed.

4. Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select Device settings, then press the OK button.

5. Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select LAN settings, then press the OK button.

6. Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select Other settings, then press the OK button

7.  Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select DRX setting, then press the OK button.

8. Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select Inactive, then press the OK button. This will return you to Other Settings menu.

Disable IPv6 Setting

1. Make sure that the machine is turned on.

2. Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper.

3. Press the Setup button.  The Setup menu screen is displayed.

4. Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select Device settings, then press the OK button.

5. Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select LAN settings, then press the OK button.

6. Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select TCP/IP settings, then press the OK button.

7. Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select IPv6, then press the OK button.

8. The message [LAN communication may be disabled Press [OK] to continue] will scroll across the display. Press the OK button.

9.  Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select Enable/disable IPv6, then press the OK button.

10. Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select Inactive, then press the OK button.

11. Press the Setup button to return to the main setup menu.

Once the setting have been disabled, please attempt to reinstall the printer on your Mac and print wrielessly.  If you still experience difficulty, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

i tried this, and it did not work, any other advice? my mac is running 10.12.6 Sierra.

Announcements