07-06-2014 08:52 AM
I am having some recent difficulties with my MX452 printer. I have it connected to my network, and I am able to successfully print from my iPad and iPhone. Unfortunately, my Windows 8 laptop can no longer print to it. When I scan the network for a printer, it DOES see machine on the network, but it really only registers it as a scanner.
I have tried downloading the software from the Canon site, but I am only able to add the device if I do it via a physical connection. When I do that, I can print just fine....but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a wireless printer.
Any suggestions? I'm baffled.
Thanks for your time.
07-06-2014 08:57 AM
07-28-2014 03:25 PM
Uninstalling the network port and printer driver and reinstalling them should resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Put the PIXMA MX452's CDROM in the CDROM drive. If the welcome screen appears, exit it.
2. Place the cursor in the upper right hand corner of your screen to display the Charms Menu.
3. Click on Search.
4. Type RUN.
5. In the Search Results, click APPS and then click RUN in the results to the left.
6. Click Browse. In the browse window, click on "Computer".
7. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
8. Double click the folder named WIN.
9. Double click the folder named Driver.
10. Double click the folder named DrvSetup.
11. Double click the file named DELDRV. If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows 8, please double click DELDRV64.
12. In the Run box click OK and then follow the on-screen prompts to remove the driver.
Once complete, please follow these steps:
1. On the Start Menu Screen again, place the cursor in the upper right hand corner to expose the Charms Menu.
2. Click on Search.
3. Type RUN. Click on APPS and then click on RUN in the Search Results on the left hand side.
4. Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".
5. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
6. Double click the folder named WIN.
7. Double click the folder named Driver.
8. Double click the folder named LAN.
9. Double click the file named CNMNPU.exe
10. In the Run box click ok.
11. Follow the prompts to uninstall.
Once complete, restart the computer.
To install the unit for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps when the computer restarts:
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer
2. Type PIXMA MX452 in the "Enter Your Model Name" box and click GO.
3. On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers & Software' link in the middle of the page.
4. Under Recommended For You, please click on the MX450 series Mini Master Setup.
5. If you agree, please place a checkmark next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download.".
6. Click the Download button.
7. A File Download box should appear at the bottom of the web browser. When it does, select Save.
8. Once the download is complete, open the Downloads folder.
9. Double click [mast-win-mx450-1_0-ucd.exe]. Files will extract.
10. Once that window goes away, connect the USB cable from the PIXMA MX452 to the computer.
Installation will complete.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link: