cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX410 will not accept wireless password

lawai
Apprentice

I am sorry if I am entering this in an incorrect location.  I've spent 20 minutes trying to find how to input a message in an MX410 wireless forum without success.  If this is not the correct place for my problem then I hope someone will explain how to navigate over to the correct forum.  The one place I could not look was in "Forum Guidelines"; my computer told me to get out of that page ASAP because of a potential virus/worm problem.

I just had my cable company come in to install a new combined Internet modem/wi-fi box.  He did that then said there was also an "interference" problem. He then changed the names of the two wireless networks the box put out (the old wi-fi box also had two networks) but kept the single password we used for both networks the same.  He named one network "2G" and the other "5G". He then did some swapping around of the two wireless networks our cell phones and computers connected to but did not touch our smart TV and Magic Jack (I confirmed both worked okay before he left). But after he left, I found my MX410 would not work wirelessly with my computer nor my wife's computer.  The blue wi-fi light was on so I tried to enter our password.  Two things went wrong. (1) the printer could not see the 5G network, only the 2G.   (2) tried to put my password into the the printer to use the 2G network but it would not accept it.

My wife confimed that I had put in the correct password and that our computers are using the 2G network.  Can anyone suggest the next step to troubleshoot these problems? Have already tried disconnecting power.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Arthur,
Calling my internet provider sounds like a good idea. They may not be too happy about it since everything was working properly before the DISH tech showed up.

Thanks again for your help.

lawai

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi lawai,

The printer will not see the 5G network. This model printer can only connect to the 2.4G network.

When you enter your password, do you use the * button to change between lowercase letters, capitals and numbers?

We look forward to your reply.

Hi Arthur, thanks for response. Yes, my wife and checked that the password was entered exactly per our notes and it was used to successfully connect other devices. I thought problem might have been related to tech changing our 2G network name from KauaiToy to KauaiToy-2G but the latter is what showed on the MX410 LCD as an available network and we tried to connect to.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi lawai,

Since the password keeps getting rejected, I would have to recommend contacting your internet provider to see why the password is rejected. When you enter a password on a printer, the printer sends that information to the router. The router will either accept it or reject it. 

Your internet provider will be able to troubleshoot why the password is being rejected after entering the passowrd correctly. I would also have the check the router for blocked ports. Please click HERE for a ports list. You internet provider will be able to check these ports in the router.

Hi Arthur,
Calling my internet provider sounds like a good idea. They may not be too happy about it since everything was working properly before the DISH tech showed up.

Thanks again for your help.

lawai

Sorry about previous post, it was the cable tech, not DISH tech who came in, so they may cooperate.
Announcements