cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX340 scans wirelessly but won't print wirelessly

LocalHero
Contributor

I've had this printer running on Win 8.1 for some time and had never been able to get the wireless function to work.    I was thrilled when I recently came across the fact that Canon had finally provided drivers for win 8.1 so I installed them.  I set up the wireless and was able to scan something wirelessly.    I didn't try to print at that time but later, (the next day?) I did try to print and it tells me the printer is disconnected.   It will scan without plugging it in to my laptop though so it seems to be connecting just fine.   Do the scanner and the printer work with two different wireless connnections?

It's very frustrating as I use the laptop all over the house and I really could use the wireless function.   It prints with no problem with the usb connection.

Windows 8.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I tried all the printer versions I could find available (2) but that didn't seem to make a difference.   I solved my problem by uninstalling all versions of my canon printer and all drivers/programs I could find related to those printers and starting from scratch.   Not sure what I did differently this time but I'm now able to scan and print wirelessly.   Yea!

Thanks for all help.  (took me a while to get to this...)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Before printing, check to see if more than one MX340 Printer is available to choose from in the print menu of your program.  Try selecting a different copy to see if this helps.

If the issue persists or there are no additional options, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I tried all the printer versions I could find available (2) but that didn't seem to make a difference.   I solved my problem by uninstalling all versions of my canon printer and all drivers/programs I could find related to those printers and starting from scratch.   Not sure what I did differently this time but I'm now able to scan and print wirelessly.   Yea!

Thanks for all help.  (took me a while to get to this...)

Announcements