cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX340 doesn't prompt for router passphrase

mitchelwhit
Apprentice

I've been using my MX340 for some time, and love it. Recently changed internet providers from AT&T to Fidelity, so I have a new modem. In the past I've had several different AT&T modems, and each time I'd let the MX340 detect the network name, and when I select it I'd get prompted for the passphrase. After entering it, everything immediately worked well.

When I select the new modem name, however, the MX340 immediately tries to connect, and of course fails since the passphrase hasn't been entered. I can see several other networks from my neighbors, and if I select any of them for a test, the MX340 immediately prompts for a passphrase. For my new one, it bypasses that step and tried to connect immediately. Any help on this would be sincerely appreciated - I've tried everything that I could think of, and can't find this problem online.

Thank you very much!

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If you run the software installer again, it gives you the option to select the wireless network and enter the network password again.  See the guide below.

Windows

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mitchelwhit,

When you run the installer, make sure you have the printer usb cord that came with the printer connected. Once you enter the wireless information and the printer is connected, you can remove the usb cord.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements