cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX340 and wifi printing

ranju
Apprentice

I have MX340 that used to work just fine for wifi printing. Now it can't find the printer.

I have gone through settings and verified wifi name and password just fine.

If I disconnect usb from windows pc, it says the printer is offline. The wifi is on fine.
From my phone and tablet using canon print service, it can't find the printer.

Additionally how do I find the IP address of the printer? Have tried it all using netstat,
manage printer from control panel...

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ranju.

Please print the network settings of your PIXMA MX340:

1.  Make sure that the machine is turned on.

2.  Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.

3.  Press the Menu button repeatedly and select [Device settings].

4.  Use the < or > button to select [LAN settings], then press the OK button.

5.  Use the < or > button to select [Print LAN details], then press the OK button.

The network information will be printed.

On the page that printed will be the SSID and the IP address.

Please make sure that the SSID (network name) that is listed on that page is the exact same name as the network that your computer is connected to.  If not, please connect your computer to the same network that your PIXMA MX340 is connected to.

If they are on the same network, please open a web browser.  In the address bar of the web browser, please type the IPv4 IP address that printed (on the network configuration page) and press the enter/return key on your keyboard.

Were you able to access the interface of your PIXMA MX340?

If so, please reinstall the driver on your computer.

If not, you may have security software active, which is blocking communication with the printer.  Please temorarily disable any security software that is running and attempt to access the printer again using your web browser.

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ranju
Apprentice
I did print network settings. The SSID name is identical. But it prints nothing for IPV4 IP address.
Thanks for your help

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ranju,

Please follow these steps:

1. Make sure that your PIXMA MX340 is turned on.

2. Press the Menu button repeatedly and select [Device settings].

3. Use the < or > button to select [LAN settings], then press the OK button.

4. Use the < or > button to select [Other Settings], then press the OK button.

5. Select [IPv4/IPv6 setting] and press OK.

Disable IPv6.

Once set, please turn your printer off. Next, unplug your router. Wait 15 seconds and reconnect the power to your router. Once the router is online, please turn your printer back on.

Once your printer is back on, please print the network settings again.  Do you have an IPv4 IP Address now?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ranju
Apprentice
Hi Patrick,
We had to download and install updated driver for MX340. Then was able to find and add wifi printer from "printers and scanners" setting.

So it is working now. Thank you so much.
Ranju
Announcements