cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 920 getting 'there are ports that cannot be used with their current settings'

jff
Apprentice

Might have had a power drop but I am all of a sudden not able to get from my Win 10 laptop via wifi to the printer. When using the Canon utility I get the message about ports cannot be used. I have reset the wifi connection on the printer, my IP scanner shows it on the net and my wife can print to it via her iPhone. So - sounds like something with my laptop. It is completely unusable for me right now. Any ideas?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jff
Apprentice

So - even though my wife could print to the printer via he iPhone and I could not from my laptop.. I decided to power down the printer (had done this before to no avail) but... while the printer was down I dropped power on my wifi router. After the router came back up I plugged in the printer, powered it on and my document from the laptop that had been sitting in the print queue for 3 hours came out.  I have no idea what has happened but it appears to be working.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jff
Apprentice

So - even though my wife could print to the printer via he iPhone and I could not from my laptop.. I decided to power down the printer (had done this before to no avail) but... while the printer was down I dropped power on my wifi router. After the router came back up I plugged in the printer, powered it on and my document from the laptop that had been sitting in the print queue for 3 hours came out.  I have no idea what has happened but it appears to be working.

LDP
Apprentice

I will be trying your method wish me luck as I am totally frustrated with this issue. I am somewhat technologically ignorant.

NCM
Apprentice

Genius! I was about to tear my hair out on this one! Thank you. It worked like a charm! 

Announcements