cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 870 won't connect with my new Netgear ac1750 router. Windows 7.

kerturner
Apprentice

MX 870 wont connect to my home nework since I changed to a Netgear AC 1750 router. Modem stayed the same.

Please help. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi kerturner,

Reinstalling the drivers on your computer should get the printer back up and running on your network.  Please click here to go to the Drivers and Downloads page on the Canon USA website for the PIXMA MX870.  Once on the page, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" field is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system. Please note that you may need to scroll up or down in the list to select your operating system.

2. Next, below the red box labeled "RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS", locate the MP DRIVERS file, then click the SELECT button to the right of the filename. When you do, a dark gray DOWNLOAD button will appear; below that, a checkbox will be shown asking you to agree to the terms of the disclaimer to continue with the download. Please click in that checkbox to agree to the terms. When you do, the dark gray DOWNLOAD button will turn red. Please click on the now red DOWNLOAD button; the file will start downloading. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once you have downloaded the file, please temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software that is on your computer and then double-click on the downloaded file and follow the prompts to reinstall the printer on your computer. The reason we have you temporarily disable the protection software is because sometimes it prevents the printer from being detected and installed successfully. Once the printer is installed successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.

Hope this helps!  Should you need further assistance, please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) and a Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements