06-26-2019 08:09 PM
I bought the printer new and tried set up but it cannot connect as when I download the file into the computer, it says it cannot find the printer. I run Windows 10, the printer is on and I have not had this problem with other Canon printers. However this printer did NOT come with a CD as the others have. I am assuming that a CD is no longer accompanying the printers?
I have followed every knowledge based info and the printer will not connect.
06-27-2019 11:32 PM - edited 06-27-2019 11:32 PM
The printer will only connect to a 2.4Ghz broadcast. 5G is not supported.
This might help. MX492 Set Up
07-01-2019 03:18 PM
To connect your PIXMA MX492 to your wireless network, please follow these steps:
1. Press the SETUP button on your PIXMA MX492.
2. Use the left or right button to select Device Settings and press OK.
3. Use the left or right button to select LAN Settings and press OK.
4. Use the left or right button to select Wireless LAN Setup and press OK.
5. If WPS appears, press the STOP button.
6. Select Standard Setup and press OK.
7. Select your wireless network and press OK.
8. Enter your wireless network password and press OK. Please verify the password, as it is case sensitive and if entered incorrectly, will cause the printer and router to not communicate. To switch between letters and numbers, press the * key.
9. Press <OK> on the confirmation screen. The PIXMA MX492 will search for the access point.
10. When found, press OK on the Connected to the access point screen.