cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6820 Cannot Connect Printer to WiFi

dmc1
Apprentice

I am unbale to get my printer to connect to my home wifi via AT&T router.

I have tried every option:

WPS PIN

WPS Button

entering the password through the screen (it see's the network)

I have installed the printer drivers/sw on my laptop, and can print, but cannot get the wireless to connect on the printer, thus I cannot use google cloud print, icloud print, which i need for my other devices.

I have rebooted the router, reset the wifi configurations, confirmed the password (all other devices connect to the wifi)

changed the security to WPA2-PSK (only)... nothing works!

Is there another way to force the printer to authenticate to the router? Im about to return this product and buy a competing brand. Please help!!

6 REPLIES 6

Jason
Whiz

Hi, dmc1!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

dmc1
Apprentice
The canon software is installed on Windows 7.

HELLO?

anyone home?

Hi Dmc1!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

I have had the same problem as this other person. Obviously Cannon does not QA their printers very well. I will be returning mine as well. Good luck with making garbage !

dmc1
Apprentice
Too late. I'm returning it
Announcements