cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6220 from offline to online

Dayrel
Apprentice

How do I get my MG6220 from offline to online. It is connected to a PC/Windows 10. It was fine a few days ago but now it shows offline & will not print. I'm sure it's a simple solution but I can't figure it out. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers should resolve this issue. Please perform the following:

1. From the Start menu, click Settings, Devices, Printers and Scanners.

2. Towards the bottom of the Printers and Scanners area, turn off Let Windows manage my default printer.

3. Right-click the Start button and choose the Control Panel.

4. Open Programs and Features.

5. Uninstall the MG6220/MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool.

6. Close all windows that are open.

Once this has been done, visit the following link to download and install the MG6200 series MP Driver.

MG6200 series Drivers & Downloads

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Dayrel,

Are you using your PIXMA MG6220 with a USB cable or are you using your PIXMA MG6220 wirelessly?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply. When it was printing, It was wireless. But I have tried to connect via USB, same results. It just went offline a couple weeks ago. Before that it was fine. When I try to print the 'Offline' message appears. I would think that Canon should make it much easier to get back on line....like a touch of a key. I hate to have to buy another printer but If I don't get this fixed soon, I'll have to. I've owned 3 previous Canon printers & really never had any problems that I couldn't fix. This seems that it should be an easy fix. 

Hello.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers should resolve this issue. Please perform the following:

1. From the Start menu, click Settings, Devices, Printers and Scanners.

2. Towards the bottom of the Printers and Scanners area, turn off Let Windows manage my default printer.

3. Right-click the Start button and choose the Control Panel.

4. Open Programs and Features.

5. Uninstall the MG6220/MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool.

6. Close all windows that are open.

Once this has been done, visit the following link to download and install the MG6200 series MP Driver.

MG6200 series Drivers & Downloads

The response below was tried and sucessful...Thanks to Canon....finally. 

1. That doesn't exist in windows 7 from the start menu

no way to do #2 either

Hello tedrin. 

The instructions were for Windows 10, which is what the original poster had.  Steps 1 and 2 don't apply to Windows 7.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers (Steps 3 and on).  If you experience any difficulties, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

last3459
Apprentice
My MG6220 works fine with my laptop in the morning but at night I have the Offline issue discussed here. What's magical about the morning?

Hi last3459,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Announcements