cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5765 scan wirelessly to Android Tablet.

AussieTraveller
Apprentice

Is it possible to scan from an MG5765 to an android tablet wirelessly?

I can print from tablet to printer wirelessly, but have been unable to scan in the other direction, and haven't found any useful instructions online. I was able to get the wireless printing working by installing the Mopria Print Service from the Play Store.

I tried finding MG5765 Android drivers for the tablet but no luck there either. Do I need to install some special drivers on the tablet?

I've tried so many different things without success that I'm praying someone will be generous enough to give me step by step instructions.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi AussieTraveller,

You can scan with your PIXMA MG5765 to your Android tablet using the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app available from Google Play.  For more information regarding this app, please use the following link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.canon.bsd.ad.pixmaprint&hl=en_US

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Well, after reading the user reviews and seeing the message "not optimised for your device" I didn't have very high hopes, but I went ahead and installed it anyway.

To my surprise the setup went off ok, the printer was detected, and the app did a scan, throwing the scanned image up on the screen. So thank you very much for the tip. But where is the file stored?

I got a pop-up saying:
The scan results have been saved to the following folder.
(/storage/emulated/0/CanonIJ/scan_image)

But where is that? I've been told that it is a virtual folder that doesn't actually exist.

Of course I can use the Share icon to send the image somewhere else, so that will do for now. There is more to this app that I haven't looked at yet, so I'll have to do some exploring.

Thanks again.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue.

If you are outside of the United States, visit www.canon.com to find the website for the Canon contact center in your region.

If you are here in the United States, use the "Contact Us" link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements