cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5550 printer stopped working after firmware update!!!

paulouk
Apprentice

My MG5550 is only a couple of weeks old and has been working perfectly up until now.   I got a couple of reminders to up date the firmware to the latest version.

I followed the instructions and the down load completed and I got a message saying update successful but when I tried to print a document in my useual way it refused to print.   No error message was shown on the printer.  I rebooted both printer and laptop a couple of times but to no avail.

Got couple of messages on laptop saying 'printer busy' and 'no communication with printer'.

I'm useing Win 7, connection is via WIFI, printer firmware is now 3.080

Help please I urgently need to print some docs.

2 REPLIES 2

sleet
Apprentice

Hi, did you find solution? I have exacly same issue. After firmware update to version 3.080 I cannot print.

This is very serious bug. Is it posible to downgrade firmware?

It seem to have sorted itself out.    When it I could not get it to work I eventually gave up in disgussed.   To my surprise when I switched it on a couple of days later, it printed the page I was attepting to print and since then it has been OK.   No sure what happened to fix it may have been something to do with a reboot.

I dont think this printer is as good as my previous Canon 4300 but having the scanner/copier on board is really useful.   Find the paper feed is not very reliable where as the 4300 never ever missed a sheet.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements