09-18-2017 10:27 PM
I've had my MG5522 for about 3 years now and had it connected wireless for that entire time. I've moved it around the house multiple times and have had it in its current location for the last 9 months.
The past few weeks have brought many problems printing wireless, from slow printing to printer errors (though the errors that show in my print queue never give any details). Now, the printer has just gone offline. In the process of checking the network, access point, etc., it had me re-enter my wifi password.
Now, it will not even accept the password which is correct. (I've never changed it in 6 years here, checked my router to make sure, and entered and rentered it a dozen or more times.)
I've tried the troubleshooting steps in the manual, tried resetting my printer settings on the printer, unstalling and resintalling drivers, assigning a static IP...everything I can think of. I am at a loss now.
I currently have it plugged into my computer with a USB, which is fine and working for this PC, but obviously is not a solution for the PC in the next room or our phones.
Thank you in advance for any help!
12-11-2017 12:51 AM
Disabling the Wireless LAN DRX and IPv6 settings on the printer may resolve the issue you are experiencing. To do this, please follow these steps from the operation panel of the printer:
Disabling the Wireless LAN DRX Setting
1. Click the down arrow button until you see SETUP, then press the third button below the LCD screen to select that option.
2. Use the right arrow button to locate DEVICE SETTINGS, then press the OK button.
3. Use the down arrow button to select LAN SETTINGS, then press the OK button.
4. Use the down arrow button to select OTHER SETTINGS, then press the OK button
5. Use the down arrow button to select WIRELESS LAN DRX SETTING, then press the OK button.
6. Use the arrow buttons to select DISABLE, then press the OK button. The setting will be disabled, and you will be returned to the Other Settings screen.
Disabling the IPv6 Setting
1. From the Other Settings screen, use the up arrow button to select TCP/IP SETTINGS, then press the OK button.
2. Use the arrow buttons to select IPv6, then press the OK button.
3. Use the up arrow to select YES, then press the OK button.
4. Select ENABLE/DISABLE IPv6, then press the OK button.
5. Select DISABLE, then press the OK button. This will return you to the IPv6 Settings screen.
6. Press the HOME button on the printer. This will return you to the main printer screen.
Once the above settings are disabled, please reset your network by following these steps:
1. Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord, then turn off your computer.
2. Unplug your wireless router for at least 60 seconds, then plug it back in.
3. Wait 5 minutes, then plug the printer back in, and turn it and the computer back on.
Once the network has been reset, please attempt to connect the printer to your network again, then attempt to print. If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.