cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5220 cannot connect to access point

zjw2112
Apprentice

I have a Netgear N600 router and a Canon MG5220 printer.  I can print fine via wi-fi if my netgear has the Wi-fi multimedia setting enabled.  However, I lose a lot of mbps with this setting enabled.  If I disable the Netgear wi-fi multimedia setting, I can access the internet without issue, however, my printer can no longer connect to the access point.  It sees my router, as it is listed in the wireless lan config, but it can't connect.  Is there a fix for this, as I don't see why I should have wi-fi multimedia enabled to be able to use the printer's wi-fi capabilities.

3 REPLIES 3

Tiffany

Hi Zjw2112!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the computer operating system you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). Any error messages or other details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm using Windows 7.  No error messages, besides what is displayed on the Canon printer screen, which basically says cannot connect to access point.

Hello.

This error usually occurs when the wrong encryption key or passphrase was entered into the printer, or if other security options are active on the router that prevent devices from connecting without authorization.

Please check to make sure that the correct passphrase or key is being entered into the printer.  It may also be possible that the key is case-sensitive as well.

If you need additional assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements