Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

MG3650 Wireless connection with Google Router

I'm loosing my mind trying to figure this out and finally caved to searching here.

I have a MG3650 printer, right now it is connected via USB. I am trying to connect wirelessly but needless to say the Google router does not have a WPS button. Any work around for this?

Re: MG3650 Wireless connection with Google Router

Hi,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks...I'm in the USA so all is good...except my wireless printing Smiley Sad

Hmm... the MG3650 is manufactured for Canon's European market, and thus is usually handled by our European counterparts. Where was your printer purchased and what operating system version are you running on your computer?
Occasional Contributor

Maybe I have the wrong model....It's listed as Pixma 3600 series...not even sure where I got 3650 from

We've located a Canon Knowledgebase article that may help. (Skip past the parts referring to WPS setup). Article here: https://Canon.us/gvren
Occasional Contributor

Still no good Smiley Sad 

It'll set it up again via USB but not wirelessly

What is the operating system and version on your computer?

Are you seeing any specific error messages when attempting to setup wirelessly?

Any security/anti-virus/firewall software on the computer that might be blocking communication?
Esteemed Contributor

Greetings,

Does your Google "branded" router use SMART Connect or similar feature?  Meaning one SSID broadcast for both 2.4 and 5G bands?

The printer can only connect to a 2.4Ghz broadcast.  If you can turn this off temporarily, then see if you can connect to the 2.4Ghz broadcast successfully.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2(v1.1.0) ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100
Occasional Contributor

It does use SMART connect and there's no way to turn it off but according to their help page the printer should automatically connect to 2.4  https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/6293481?hl=en