cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3520 works with wireless / Android / iOS, but Windows 7 machine can't find it.

chipotle
Apprentice

Bought a PIXMA MG3520 and had little difficulty getting it setup and working on wireless network. Printed and scanned from Androoid phone, iPhone, and iPad. Installed software on Windows 7, 64 bit laptop and could not get the printer to be detected during installation. Had to connect USB and still could not get the Canon software to find the printer via wireless. Could enter the IP address of the working printer in laptop browser and access menus and status on printer. Tried shutting down firewall and reinstalling everything, but that did not help. I would love to NOT have a cable which is why I bought a wireless printer in the first place. Like having the ability to scan and print from handhelds and tablets, but need the laptop to function wirelessly. This seems like a software issue for the Canon driver package... Has anyone had a similar issue or found a work around? Couldn't even get the installation program to work on my work laptop due to issues with admin permissions (even though my login has admin rights...)  Thanks for your input.

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements