cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3520 with Chromebook

bclamore
Apprentice

I have an MG3520 that's been working fine with Google Cloud Print.  Now that GCP has gone away, I cannot connect directly to the printer via my wifi.  The IP address is correct, and  I can connect directly to the printer via a browser tab, but all I get is a message that says it can't connect -- no details are available.  Even the USB connection does not work.  So my question is: is it possible to use this printer anymore, and if so, how?  Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3

aDiaz
Contributor

Here's what I found. Think that's your case https://canon.us/9lfwj

[link edited to point to official Canon USA version of document]

bclamore
Apprentice
Thank you for the reply, but I've tried what it says in your linked page. The MG3520 is not one of the Canon models listed in the pulldown/combo box in the Add Printer dialog. I tried to add it by IP address, but that fails too, like I said in my first posting. If Canon can make the MG3520 appear in that pulldown/combo box that would fix it. Can and will Canon do this?

Hi bclamore,

Google has decided not to support the PIXMA MG3520 with native printing.  For more information, please view the following article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=ART178764

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 weekdays and Saturdays starting at 11 AM ET (8 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements