Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

MG3220 will not connect to wi-fi

I have just moved back to college and forgot my printer instructions at home! I have a new wifi router that I have up and running that was not the same as last year. The light by the wifi symbol is lit blue, but it says that my printer is "offline" when I try to print something. How can I get my printer to hook up to the wifi? If the light is on does that mean it is already connected? I cannot find the plug for a wired connection Woman Sad

Product Expert

Re: MG3220 will not connect to wi-fi

Hi conversepuggirl,

Check out the "Wireless Help"  guides below for step-by-step directions on how to connect the unit:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_print...

If there is any difficulty in the procedure, please let us know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available through the link below:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Hi - I have samne issue as thius person - new router, can't connect MG3220 to the new wifi:

I have a new wifi router that I have up and running that was not the same as last year. The light by the wifi symbol is lit blue, but it says that my printer is "offline" when I try to print something. How can I get my printer to hook up to the wifi? If the light is on does that mean it is already connected? I cannot find the plug for a wired connection

Please help?

Reputable Contributor

Better link here:

First Time Installs or Installing after a Network or Router Change

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.4) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.02)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 2.00) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro1903 ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra