cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 5350 loses Wifi connection - can't see SSID

ITemplate
Apprentice

Hi,

My new MG 5350 has some trouble connecting to my WPA wifi network. It can run 1-2 weeks with no problems at all, but then out of the blue it can't see the SSID. I can re-try the SSID scan 10-20 times and maybe be lucky that it displays my SSID. If I'm lucky, it sees the SSID and I can connect and print 1 week until the problem arises again. 

Wifi works perfectly with other devices. But just to make sure, I installed another Wifif Access point the last time I had this trouble...but today the printer is off the wifi yet again. So it does seem to be a problem with the printer?

Any suggestions?

-- 
Werner

1 REPLY 1

Devin
Enthusiast

Hi Werner!

If your printer is not seeing the SSID of your wireless network, then it could be related to your router or communication between your printer and router.  For proper wireless communication to occur, it is important that network devices are suitably located.  Please make sure of the following:

1.  The access point is located indoors within the effective range for wireless communication.  Locate the printer within 50 meters of the access point.

2.  There is no obstruction.  Wireless communication between different rooms or floors is generally poor. Adjust the

location of the devices.

3.  There is no source of radio wave interference in your vicinity.  There may be a device such as a microwave oven using the same frequency bandwidth as the wireless station.  Place the wireless devices as far away from the interference source as possible.

If you have good communication, then your printer may require service options to have this corrected. I would suggest contacting us by using the following link: Contact Us.  This way a representative can go over your service options with you.

Announcements