cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 3522 Wifi Not Working

cnon2506
Apprentice

Hello everybody;

I hope someone from Canon customer service will read this message.

My Canon Pigma MG 3522 Printer's Wifi is not working. I tried many solutions from the web, didn't work. I decided to go to Canon website and download the software again, I found the link after spending almost an hour, downloaded the software but set up didn't start. Then I double checked and figured out MAC OS Mojave users should click another link. I did that but couldn't figure out which software I should download. Options were MyImage Garden, Network Tool and QuickMenu, I downloaded all and tried to follow the steps shown on the video uploaded by Canon on their website to illustrate how to set up the Wifi. Anyway, none of them worked. Besides the printing problem, I am seriously wondering that how can Canon support team not able to figure out that there is not proper software download for MAC OS Mojave users. I tried many solutions for almost 3 hours long and extremely frustrated. This will be my last Canon product ever!!!

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hello!

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please call our US-based support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 8am to 8pm (ET), excluding holidays, or visit our support site for self-help options HERE.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi cnon2506,

There are a few way that you can try to connect the printer to your wireless network.

If your router has a "WPS" or "Wi-Fi Protected Setup" button, please click HERE for instructions on how to connect using the WPS method.  The setup is successful when the blue WIFI lamp is solid and the orange ALARM lamp is off.  You can also view a video tutorial HERE

If your router does not have a "WPS" button, you can use a smartphone or tablet. There is an app called "Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY" available from the Apple App Store (for iPads and iPhones) and from the Google Play Store (for Androids).

For detailed instructions, please click on the links below: 

Once the printer is connected, please click HERE to open the support page for your printer and download the ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3a and MG3500 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 16.20.0.0 

Once the files are downloaded, open your recent downloads and run the installer for each one. Once they are both installed, please open Printers and Scanner under System Preferences and click the + symbol to open the add printer window.

The printer will appear as MG3500 series IJ Network. Select the printer and click add. The printer will now be added to your computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements