cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 2922 - switching wireless router

mriehl910
Apprentice

I have a new router name and password, so now my printer won't work.  I found where to print the information from it (holding down the button for 15 flashes), it's connected to the old. 

- I downloaded the canon app on my tablet, it found the printer but can't help me change it nor can it print to it. 

- I can find the printer on my wi-fi list, but I don't know the pass key?  I never set one up and it is not on the printer itself.

- I tried going thru installation again both connected with the USB and without, neither will work.

How the heck do I change it?  I am beyond frustrated at this point.

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi mriehl910.

If the steps taken have not connected the printer, especially including the WiFi Setup using the USB cord, then there may be a conflict on the router that prevents the printer from connecting.  Ensure the router is set to broadcast its SSID. 

Note: Certain models of router will also only allow the printer to connect using the WPS PIN Code method.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements