cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 2920 wifi help

Rhkilgour
Apprentice
I installed a new router and my printer is offline. When I turn it on the blue wifi light comes on. However, when I hold it down to connect to the network, nothing happens. I have tried everything and cannot get reconnected. HELP
7 REPLIES 7

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Rhkilgoup,,

Please check your router.  Does it have a WPS button?  If so, you can use the WPS method to connect your PIXMA MG2920 to your wireless network:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART117038

If you do not have a WPS button or the WPS ethod fails, please use the Cableless Setup method:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART165735

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

When I hold the blue wifi button down on the printer,  nothing ever flashes.  It does not matter how long I hold it.

Hi Rhkilgour,

Let's do a test of your printer.  Please follow these steps:

1.  Turn your printer off.

2.  Wait 2 minutes and turn your printer back on.

3.  Load letter sized paper in your printer.

4.  Hold down the STOP button on your PIXMA MG2920 until the Error light blinks 1 time, then release it.

Did a test page print?

If not, does the error light blink?  If the error light is blinking, how many times does it blink before there is a pause?

If the error and power lights both blink, how many times do they both blink before there is a pause?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Rhkilgour
Apprentice
Held the stop button down for 3 minutes. neither the power button or the blue Wi-Fi button or the air button blink at all. power button stayed on blue Wi-Fi button stayed blue and air button stayed off and did not blink

Held the stop button down for 3 minutes. Neither the power button, the blue Wi-Fi button, or the error button blink at all. Power button stayed on, blue Wi-Fi button stayed blue, and error button stayed off and did not blink.

@Rhkilgour wrote:

Held the stop button down for 3 minutes. Neither the power button, the blue Wi-Fi button, or the error button PrepaidCardStatus Activation blink at all. Power button stayed on, blue Wi-Fi button stayed blue, and error button stayed off and did not blink.

Yup that did happen to me but i think we had to let go one the button .

will try every thing and if anything works then let you know

Hi Rhkilgour,

Please remove both ink cartridges from your printer.

With the power on, please disconnect all of the cables/cords from the back of the printer.

Wait 5 minutes and then reconnect only the power cord.

Turn your PIXMA MG2920 on.

Reinsert the ink cartridges.

Load paper in the printer.

Hold down the STOP button until the error light blinks 1 time and let it go.

Does the test page print?  If not, does the error light blink?

Announcements