cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8280cw connection issues

bswaff
Contributor
We just purchased a MF8280cw. I have been trying to configure it to connect to our Wi-Fi which incidentally has multiple devices already connected. I am unable to get past the connecting message. I have double checked and reentered the SSID numerous times. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
13 REPLIES 13

Tiffany

Hi Bswaff!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. Any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

bswaff
Contributor
Additional information: OS is 64-bit windows 7

Hi Bswaff.

I would like to ask one more question, so that I can better assist you.  What is the exact error message that you receive after the connection times out?

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and 8 PM ET (5 AM to 5 PM PT).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have never seen an error message. It just keeps cycling and trying to connect. I have left it on overnight only have it keep cycling and trying to connect to our wireless network. Hope that helps... thanks in advance

Patrice,

Do you have any further information? Thanks in advance.

Bueller.....Bueller....Bueller....

Seriously...9 days since I last posted and longer than that since a Canon reply.  What kind of support is Canon providing....disappointed.

I am unable to register my printer for cloud printing.

1) I wish someone can inform the procedure for full factory hard reset, to bring all the setting back to box pack condition.

This will help me to start again from the scratch.

2) I am also having doubt in my network, some ports may not be open.

Can you please inform what TCP/UDP/Network ports need to be open to run this MF8280Cw in home network for cloud printing or network functions.

Appreciate the list of all relevant ports.

Hello sainmym,

I suggest you update your MF8280Cw's firmware to resolve the issue that prevents Google Cloud Print from being used.  You can download and install firmware update for your printer by following the steps below.

1.  Click HERE to go to the Drivers & Downloads page for the MF8280Cw.

2.  The Drivers & Downloads page will open for the selected model.

Note: This page automatically detects your computer's operating system so that only the compatible drivers and software will be available for download.

3.  Click on Firmware to view the listings.

4.  Click on the SELECT button next to the file name of the firmware you wish to download.

5.  After clicking on the SELECT button next to the file name, check the "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download." check box.

6.  Click on the DOWNLOAD button to save the file to your computer.

7.  Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to decompress them.  A new folder will be created in the same folder.  The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file.

8.  Open the decompressed PDF file.  Follow this PDF instruction to start the firmware update.

Also, here's a list of the network ports that should be opened to use your MF8280Cw:

LPD 515

RAW 9100

WSD Multicast Discovery 3702

HTTP 80

Multicast Discovery 427

POP3 110

SMTP 25

FTP 21

SNMP 161

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements