cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743Cdw Always Shows as Offline, Won't Connect

Dwhitley
Apprentice

I'm having a ton of trouble getting this printer to work.  I set up the wireless LAN, and it'll print just fine from an IPad or Iphone.  It absolutely won't print from a MAC or PC.  One Mac will recognize the printer, but the printer is always offline and the computer will always show that it is looking for printer.  The other macs and PCs will only say that the printer is not connected, which is bizaare b/c the printer shows up as available for print.. 

I've checked and rechecked the settings - they're obviously FINE because the IPad will print.

I downloaded the drivers and nothing changed. 

This is obviously pretty frustrating.  We've used HP printers for years without any problems, but this is ridiculous.  Any help would be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If I had to guess, I'd bet the issue had to do with your network.

Assign or reserve a static IP for the printer on your router, remove and reinstall the printer as a TCP/IP device and see if that doesn't resolve the behavior.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements