12-10-2017 01:48 PM
I've reached my wit's end. Suddenly the printer won't print.
Router connection w/ Windows 10 64bit
reloaded drivers x4
reset the WPS on the router x4
rebooted my PC x4
re-initialized the printer x2
Is there something else that I need to do?
I really like the wireless capability but it looks like I need to purchase the optional USB cable as many, many people have issues with wireless connectivity.
Thanks for any help...Knurled
12-15-2017 05:28 PM
Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!
The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
12-16-2017 10:33 AM
I suggest you look at a reply I made in another thread... the second half where I discuss setting a static IP. The same apples here. It doesn't matter wired or wireless connection. Once the device is connected to your network with an IP that never changes, you will be able to install your device in windows and any device connecting to your network will be able to find the printer by its IP address.
02-07-2018 04:48 AM
In order for us to better assist you, we will need some additional information. Do you mind answering a few questions so we can get a better picture of your situation?
1. If you power cycle the router does the issue continue? "Unplug the power cord to your router and wait a few minutes and plug it back in". Are you able to print at this point?
2. How far is your unit from your router/access point?
3. Did you install using the disk or download the software from Canons website?
4. Are you receiving a specfic error when you attempt to print?
5. What is your MF244dw's IP Address? To view your unit's IP Address using your printer's operation panel, press (Status Monitor) <Network Information><IPv4><IP Address>
6. Can a copy be made directly from your unit?
Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team: