Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

MF Scan utility not communicating with MF726cdw scanner

I recently lost wireless contact with my MF726cdw and had to reinstall drivers which worked as far as printing but I’m unable to scan getting the 255,0,0 error. In the Canon MF Network Scanner Selector I’m only allowed to select one printer which is called Canon MF720C ser_80AA589232C64. But its MAC address is not the same as my printer. How do I get the utility to communicate with my MF726cdw like it used to prior to the preinter reinstall?

Product Expert

Re: MF Scan utility not communicating with MF726cdw scanner

Hello Rtuntland,

In this situation, I would suggest uninstalling the scanner driver, the MF scanner selector and the MFscan utility. Once they have been uninstalled, you can reinstall the drivers and software using the link provided HERE. We would be happy to assist  further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the version of the Mac or Windows operating system on your computer, we can provide more information.

For a more immediate response, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666, our agents would happy to help.

Occasional Contributor

It looks like the scan driver is part of the print drivers. I finally got the printer working and don't want to mess with that. This preinter and scanner worked flawlessly for years and now, without any changes being made to my computer or network, I'm running into trouble.

Occasional Contributor

I reinstalled and it's not working. The initial screen is not referencing my printer, and it only sees what is listed. I cannot open the scanner selector. I think it's time to try a different brand of printer.open screen.JPGscan error.JPGcannot communicate.JPG