cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB2320 - Google Cloud Print - Can't connect to the server

akastanis
Apprentice

Printing from Android and Chrome OS no longer work.  Trying to re-register my printer with Google Cloud Print shows "Can't connect to the server" when trying to display the authentication url.

I've tried restarting the printer and using a DNS server setting of 8.8.8.8, but the problem remains.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My home network consists of 3 TP-Link Deco M5s.  I realized one of the M5s was off.  I was able to register my printer with Google Cloud Print successfully after powering on the M5 that was off. 

Somehow the registration process was finiky about which router it was connecting to???

Anyway, all is well again.

Thanks,

-Ande

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi akastanis,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Press the HOME button on your MAXIFY MB2320.

2.  Swipe the screen and then tap SETUP.

3.  Select Device Settings.

4.  Select LAN Settings.

5.  Select Confirm LAN settings.

6.  Select WLAN setting list.

In the list that appears, please take note of the SSID.  That is the wireless network that your MAXIFY MB2320 is connected to.

A few rows below that is the IPv4 address.  Please write this number down.

In your Chrome OS, please open a web browser.

In the address bar of the web browser, please type in the IPv4 address of your MAXIFY MB2320 that you wrote down.

Are you able to access the Remote User Interface of your MAXIFY MB2320?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

akastanis
Apprentice
Hi Patrick,

I actually did what you described above last night after finding Canon's Google cloud print instructions online. After using the web UI from the printer, the browser shows a dialog box indicating that an error had occurred, and to check the screen on the printer. After doing this, the printer shows the same "cannot connect to server" message as before.

The other odd thing is that by using the 'cloud' button in the printer's home screen, I can use the printer's UI to browse and print documents from my Google drive account.

So that makes me think my network settings are good.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
-Ande

I also tried going to chrome://devices with the Chrome browser.

When I do this, I see the printer listed at the top under 'New Devices'.  I click the "Register" button next to it and then click the "Confirm" button on the "Confirm Registration" dialog box.  It then tells me to confirm registration from the printer's screen, that's now displaying "Registration with Google Cloud Printer is requested.  Register?" I then touch "Yes" on the printer screen.  After that, A red box appears on the printer screen saying "Cannot connect to the server.  Please wait a while and try again"

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My home network consists of 3 TP-Link Deco M5s.  I realized one of the M5s was off.  I was able to register my printer with Google Cloud Print successfully after powering on the M5 that was off. 

Somehow the registration process was finiky about which router it was connecting to???

Anyway, all is well again.

Thanks,

-Ande

Announcements