cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPB622cdw wireless connection there and seen/accessible on network, but can't print.

jettaz
Apprentice

I got an LPB622cdw over the holidays and set it up for wireless printing. it's been working okay until recently. I turned the printer off for an extended period of time and then turned it back on. It connected to the wireless network without a problem. I can definitely access it from my Mac running HIgh Sierra (10.13.6) because I get ping responses easily. I even get a notification for adding it to my Google cloud print services. I'm also able to log in to the printer's adminstrative gui without any problems. 

However, when I try to print (from either the Preview or Adobe Acrobat DC applications) I get an error that the printer is not connected. I've resolved this the last few times by removing and reinstalling the printer driver through the System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners. I can't keep on doing this everytime I need to print something! That's just ridiculous. If I can't get it to work consistently, I may as well just return it. 

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There is likely more than one solution to your issue. 

What I would recommend.

Log into your router and verify the IP address currently assigned to the printer.  Note this IP address.

There , you can also see the MAC address for the wifi connection.  Reserve that IP for the printer.  Turn the printer off and back on again.  This will ensure the printer always gets the same IP.

On your computer;

Remove the printer from the "Printer and Scanners" dialog.

Now re-add the printer, but use the "IP" option and add the printer using its IP address.

Type the IP into the upper field..  give the printer a "Firendly" name in the lower field.  Press next and allow the printer to be detected. 

If you see a box for Duplex printing, make sure its checked and continue.

Re-open an acrobat document, "Command+P" for preview, ensure the "Friendly" name appears as the destination and try to print.

Works...  ok,  shut the printer off now.  Go about your day.

Turn it back on and test again.  Let us know if this helps. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements