cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP6030W won't connect via Wireless after power outage

JohnR
Contributor

I have a GREAT little LBP6030W printer running wirelessly.  It performs flawlessly for months on end.  No issues with sleep, great printing.

However if we lose power due to an outage, the wireless will not fully connect afterwards.  I’ve tried shutting the printer off for an hour, restarting and a number of button combinations.

Oddly when I try to attache via the UI, I can but the connection is hit and miss and very slow.  I would usually have to wait a few minutes to the printer menu to come up in Chrome.  Then I may or may not be able to get to a sub menu.  The printer however will not print.

If I print the “User  Data List” using the continue / paper out button the Wireless LAS status is “Disconnected”

My System:

• Windows 10 pro / 64 v1709
  • Archer C9 router

My solution is to cart the printer upstairs, connect the USB and re-do the wireless connection.

Doing an internet shearch I see a lot of this complaint,   Does anyone know a solution that can be implemented using the buttons on the printer (there are onlhy3 and no screen).

Thanks

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

With the help from Stackexchange I found the solution, but I'm still now sure why.

In setting up my printer and router,  I had assigned as static IP for the printer.  It seems when the printer is disconnected abruptly some bit that had been negotiated between the printer and router was lost.  But becasue I had manually entered the IP into the printer is seemed to still "know" the IP address but could not really connect to the router.

Solution:

Change the IP assignment to DHCP and remove the IP reservation in the router.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Solved it.  I can not precisely recall every detail, but the process was essentially:

download latest MacOS driver (mac-UFRIILT-v152-00.dmg) from Canon web site

install driver

delete the old printer in System Preferences

add a new printer in System Preferences

(the following YouTube video spells it out:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIf4MsNUFN8)

Another web posting (Amazon review) noted that it is necessary to restart the iMac after installing the new driver.

The YouTube video noted the use of "HP Jetdirect - Socket" as the protocol when adding the (IP) printer.

Since my printer had already been configured to access the wifi network, that complication was avoided.

It is possible that the new driver was not actually needed.  Perhaps all that was required was to delete the old printer, and CORRECTLY add a new one (in System Preferences --> Printers & Scanners).

Announcements