cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Scanning

rjcoyle93
Apprentice

I have recently purcahsed the Canon MG5750 and I cannot seem to scan anything to to either my computer or to an email. The printer has been used to print and copy but just the scanning function will not seem to work. The printer and laptop i am working from are both connected to the same network. When i try to scan a message pops up to say the scanner is warming up, but about a minute later I get a message stating 'cannot communicate to scanner' for these reasons;

-scanner is turned off

-disconnected from Wired LAN

-Signal strength is poor

-different scanner is selected

i know it is none of those things so i am really stuck as to what to do next. 

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Ryan 

4 REPLIES 4

BillS
Mentor

Hi rjcoyle93,

In order to better assist you, allow me to ask a couple questions:

• What program are you scanning from?
  • Which version of Windows or Macintosh are you using?
  • Are you connecting wirelessly, or with USB?

I look forward to your reply. 

Hi,

I have tried using the IJ Scan utility on the desktop and also by simply clicking scan on the printer itself.

I am using windows 10.

I am connecting wirelessly as I do not have a USB cable to hand.

thanks 

Ryan 

Hi rjcoyle93,

Thanks for that information.

Scanning represents a large transfer of data, and is more susceptible to low signal strength.  Let's check the printer's connection to the wireless network.  You can print the network details HERE.  If the signal strength is below 70-75%, you may see some unreliable communication.

It may also be worthwhile to re-install the drivers.  They are available from the Canon UK site https://www.canon.co.uk/support/

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi,

I can't even seem to print. I haven't used the printer since i purcahsed it because i gave up trying to set it up as nothing seemed to work. I have re installed all thr drivers and still nothing.

All i get is an error message saying printer not responding. 

It is a brand new printer, brand new ink cartridges, connected to Wifi - i cannot work out what the issue is?

Are you able to advise?

Announcements