cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to block my roommates from using my MX922 wireless printer?

Christinamarie
Apprentice

I'd like to limit who has access to my wireless printer. I've tried to do so by turning off home sharing on my Mac but still my roommates are able to print from my MX922 printer. Does anyone know how to block others?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The printer is not able to restrict access from particular users.  Any user that can connect to the same local network as the printer will be able to install the unit on their computer.

The only alternative to prevent this would be to disable the wireless LAN on the printer and use the printer with a direct USB connection to your personal computer.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The printer is not able to restrict access from particular users.  Any user that can connect to the same local network as the printer will be able to install the unit on their computer.

The only alternative to prevent this would be to disable the wireless LAN on the printer and use the printer with a direct USB connection to your personal computer.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Christinamarie
Apprentice
Thank you Michael. I was hoping I could set up some sort of security code. Dang those cheap roommates.

@Christinamarie wrote:
Thank you Michael. I was hoping I could set up some sort of security code. Dang those cheap roommates.

Locked closet, and pull the plug when not in use.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements