cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation software cannot detect PIXMA MX492

LW243
Apprentice

I have a Dell Inspiron660 \, Windows 10 Pro/ and I have put in the software CD 3 times, it shows its running..states:

win-mix490-1-1-ucd.exe .then I get the install wizard for the printer and it continues through until it shows that there is no printer detected. 

I have spent many hours yesterday and today trying to solve this issue, to no avail.  I keep getting the same result....my Dell isn't picking up/detecting the new Canon printer.  I have a Router through Brighthouse/Spectrum and it is sitting right next to the printer. Strangely enough, I just uninstalled my last wireless Epson printer, only because of a clog in the nozzle head.  My Dell had no problem detecting that Epson wireless printer. Please any help you can give is appreciated. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your reply and assistance to my issue. Finally got it resolved yesterday with the help of a live tech person at 
Canon.  Upon setup it was requesting a 'passphrase"....i.e. my WiFi password!  Once the rep showed me how to manuever numbers vs. letters to put in my password, my printer was detected on my Dell PC! 

So far, so good with my printer!! Thanks again. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You can watch this video which is specific to your model.

https://youtu.be/UJnkk3d51co?list=PLp-znpQge8HxNE_XLNzBipd1WlTLhT2wj

The one thing i ddn't see was where you put in your SSID name and security key.  Maybe this was time lapsed out of the video?  Hard to say from the video if they want you to use wi-fi protected set up or enter the info manually.  It was a little vague. 

Honestly, I would just use the printers menu to set up the wireless connection to your router manually.  Then install the software. 

If the IJ Networking tool doesn't detect the printer, connect it manually.  At that point your laptop will not have any issues running the software, detecting the printer and installing the drivers for your OS.

If you want to take it a step further, give the printer a static IP addres, set in the routers configuration menu so that you'll always know the IP of your printer.  This is an optional step. Your call.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for your reply and assistance to my issue. Finally got it resolved yesterday with the help of a live tech person at 
Canon.  Upon setup it was requesting a 'passphrase"....i.e. my WiFi password!  Once the rep showed me how to manuever numbers vs. letters to put in my password, my printer was detected on my Dell PC! 

So far, so good with my printer!! Thanks again. 🙂

Greetings,
That's what I figured. Glad you got it working.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Please share how to switch from letters to numbers - that is where I am stuck.

Stephen

Hi LW243!

Check out all of the help videos here (in addition to the one shadowsports listed above): CLICK ME

If you find you still need help, please reach out to our US-based team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 10am to 10pm (excluding holidays), or by email at http://Canon.us/EmailCF 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE for support in your country or region.

Announcements