cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass Mf743Cdw dropping wireless connection

pajaropr
Apprentice

I have follwed all the instructions to connect the printer to my wireless network, was successful but my computer needed repair and had to connect it again. I was abel to cnnect it but for some reason after a few scans with the MF Scan Utility it disconnects and I get the below message and have not been able to connect it again.  I have re-installed the drivers but still does not connect.I have also checked the firewall settings and it is off.   Please advise

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi pajaropr.

The Canon Community Forum is not for immediate assistance. If this is a time-sensitive matter, you may click HERE to search our knowledge base, or create/log into a Canon Account and register your printer HERE for your personalized support options.

Ensure no errors are appearing on the MF743Cdw, and that the wifi connection strength is Good or better.  Checking the WiFI Settings on the MF743Cdw

If your wifi is provided by a mobile hotspot, you may need to configure your network settings so that the MF743Cdw's wifi connection is not forgotten/recycled.  Mobile hotspots may recycle or disable a network connection that hasn't been used for a long time in order to minimize the required electricity, memory, and processing power.

If the computer is connecting on a 5G connection, try switching to the standard 2.4 GHz wifi connection.  Many 5G routers are factory-set to keep the two types of wifi separate to ensure faster 5G speeds. 2.4 GHz is slower, with a longer range and wider device support.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements