cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF642CDW Scanner won't connect to MAC

honezf16
Apprentice

I just purchased a MF642C printer.  I have a MAC desktop computer running OS High Siera v10.13.6.  I downloaded the drivers for the printer and scanner from the Canon website as instructed.  The printer is connected wirelessly via my wifi LAN and works fine, but when I've been unable to open the scanner.  When I open the Canon MF Scan Utility app (which was a part of the scanner download) it says "No available scanner found"...like it doesn't see the scanner driver.  Should I be looking somewhere else to download the scanner driver?

4 REPLIES 4

Darius
Whiz

Hi honezf16.

When scanning over the network using the MF Scan Utility, be sure to head to the printer first, tap the Scan icon from the home screen, and then tap Remote Scanner.  If that option isn't appearing, tap on Computer, and ensure the computer is set correctly on the printer.

If the error persists, refer to the guide in the ScanGear MF online manual.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Darius.  I contacted Canon customer support and they were able to help me resolve the problem.

Hi there!

Do you mind me asking what your tech did to help you? I am having the same problem! Thanks! 

DonFlorida
Apprentice

If honezf16 is like me, he doesn't remember how the phone tech helped him get his MF 642 scanner connected to his Mac because it's too complicated.  My MF 642 prints great, but the scanning facility disconnects from my computer all the time and I'm again lost as to how to get it back working.  I re-download the utility, re-install the driver, go through all the steps, but to no avail.  The scanner is either "offline" or "not connected," etc., etc.  REALLY FRUSTRATING that I can't do a simple scan when I very much need to!

Announcements