cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPad Can't Find MX920 To Airprint

TimothyW1686
Contributor
I am trying to AirPrint from my iPad Pro but it's showing no printers even though my printer is on, is connected to the wireless router & my iPad is on the same wireless router.

No issues printing with computer though
5 REPLIES 5

Ramona
Authority

Hi TimothyW1686,

The Bonjour setting of the printer will need to be enabled in order to print via Apple AirPrint.  To ensure the setting is enabled, please follow these steps:

1. Press the MENU button, then select SETUP from the main screen of the printer.

2. Select SETUP, then press the OK button.

3. Select DEVICE SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

4. Use the up/down arrows to select LAN SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

5. Use the up/down arrows to select OTHER SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

6. Use the up/down arrows to select BONJOUR SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

7. Use the up/down arrows to select ENABLE/DISABLE BONJOUR, then press the OK button.

8. Use the up/down arrows to select ENABLE, then press the OK button. The printer will enable the setting and then display a confirmation screen showing that it was set.

9. Press the HOME button to return to the main menu.

Please attempt to print from your iPad again.  If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did this however my iphone still can't find my printer when I use airprint.

Hello.

Make sure that the iPhone is on the same Wi-Fi network as the printer.  If your router uses both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, the iPhone will need to be on the 2.4 GHz network in order to access the printer.

If you continue to have difficulties, toubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I followed instructions in the email I received.  The last instruction said the screen would confirm that I had selected “enable”, but then it went back to the same selection.  Any further suggestions. 

Hi mikehelm,

To rule out any communication issues, I recommend installing the free Canon Print Inkjet/Selphy app on your ios device. Once the app is loaded, tap on the register printer option.

Is the printer detected? Are you able to print a photo or document from the app?

We look forward to your reply.

Announcements