cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP address

CrazyBossBytch
Apprentice
How do I find my IP address on my ip4300?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@CrazyBoss,

I received your PM.

How can I print stuff from my phone, tablet, and/or chromebook? I have a ip4300 printer

Possible solutions:

If your router has a USB port and supports Print Server functionlity you can try connecting it to the router.  This could allow other devices connected to your network a way to print.  In all honesty however, this solution is more trouble than its worth.  Its extremely unreliable, and often requires constant management, power cycling devices, etc. 

Connect the printer to a networked computer and share it.  This solution requires that the computer the printer is connected to alway be turned on for printing to occur.  

Preferred solution:

Buy a new printer.  A network capable printer that supports wired, wireless, AirPrint / CloudPrint, etc.  The ip4300 is at least 12 yrs old.  It doesn't support these technologies natively. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

Hi CrazyBossBytch.

Shadowsports has already given most of the relevant information about connecting the iP4300 across a network.  As stated, there's no guarantee such methods will work, or that they won't experience any problems or limitations.

If you're interested, then, at the time of this posting, Canon U.S.A. is offering our Black Friday sales.  In addition, since you've owned the iP4300 and it no longer supports your needs, I can offer the Canon Upgrade Program.  The Canon Upgrade Program is a discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon, and comes with free ground shipping.  If you're interested, you may call us at (866) 443-8002, 9:00AM EST - 9:00PM EST, Monday through Saturday (excluding Holidays), and let the agent you speak with know you were offered the Canon Upgrade Program.  You may need some information from your printer to confirm eligibility.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button on shadowsports' or my reply so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

digidef2019
Contributor

I use an app on my smartphone called FING and it will reveal all the devices on your network including your printer.

GL!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The iP4300 Is a USB only printer.

Standard Interfaces > USB 2.0 Hi-Speed and Direct Print Port (cable not included)

It does not support wired or wireless network connectivity. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@CrazyBoss,

I received your PM.

How can I print stuff from my phone, tablet, and/or chromebook? I have a ip4300 printer

Possible solutions:

If your router has a USB port and supports Print Server functionlity you can try connecting it to the router.  This could allow other devices connected to your network a way to print.  In all honesty however, this solution is more trouble than its worth.  Its extremely unreliable, and often requires constant management, power cycling devices, etc. 

Connect the printer to a networked computer and share it.  This solution requires that the computer the printer is connected to alway be turned on for printing to occur.  

Preferred solution:

Buy a new printer.  A network capable printer that supports wired, wireless, AirPrint / CloudPrint, etc.  The ip4300 is at least 12 yrs old.  It doesn't support these technologies natively. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi CrazyBossBytch.

Shadowsports has already given most of the relevant information about connecting the iP4300 across a network.  As stated, there's no guarantee such methods will work, or that they won't experience any problems or limitations.

If you're interested, then, at the time of this posting, Canon U.S.A. is offering our Black Friday sales.  In addition, since you've owned the iP4300 and it no longer supports your needs, I can offer the Canon Upgrade Program.  The Canon Upgrade Program is a discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon, and comes with free ground shipping.  If you're interested, you may call us at (866) 443-8002, 9:00AM EST - 9:00PM EST, Monday through Saturday (excluding Holidays), and let the agent you speak with know you were offered the Canon Upgrade Program.  You may need some information from your printer to confirm eligibility.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button on shadowsports' or my reply so that others may find the answer as well.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend
Thank you Darius.

@CrazyBoss.. this is a great opportunity for you to grab some of Canon's latest tech at a serious discount. Contact sales. They can assist you choosing a new printer to fit your needs.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

CrazyBossBytch
Apprentice
Will do thx

Hotch74
Apprentice

Announcements